c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SPRING Is Definitely Here …. Holts Spring Catalogue has arrived….

I still remember the first time I entered Holt Renfrew (HR) for the first time. A dear girlfriend of mine, who was a regular shopper, could not believe I had never been to HR. So one cold December morning we bundled up and made our way to HR on Bloor Street. As we approached the store, we were greeted by one of the friendliest doorman; he smiled cheerfully and wished us a wonderful day as we entered. You couldn’t help but feel a little more special, than when you first approached the store.

As I stepped in it was like cosmetic heaven, Dior, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain etc. - just waiting to be sampled. The staff behind each counter was very knowledgeable and friendly. They were very patient as I had them spray various fragrances – I was about to settle for Estee Lauder’s Youth Dew. When the woman looked at me shook her head and said “No , darling, I see you more as this…” and with a spray out came the most sensual fragrance I ever smelled – to this day I still wear Obsession by Calvin Klein. I have tried other fragrances over the years – but each time I wear Obsession – everyone wants to know what fragrance I’m wearing.
Handbags, accessories and men’s wear can also be found on the first floor. On a mid floor between the first and second floor you will find shoes, coats, lingerie and café. Up the escalator to the second floor you will find high end brands such as Chanel, Gucci, Prada etc. Contemporary labels like Marc by Marc Jacobs, See by Chloe, Theory, Teenflo, Catherine Maldandrino, Missoni, Tory Burch, Burrburry, Pink Tarten, DVF as well as a fully stocked denim department, are located on the third floor.

HR can be on the expensive side, but there is something for everyone no matter the budget. Holt Renfrew does have sales, the end of Summer and Winter sales offer up to 75-80% off.

Here is a sampling of the Spring 2010 at HR. It does not cost anything to go in - sometimes just being surrounded by great fashion is very theraputic and just what the doctor ordered for the drabbest days. Not to mention even the simplist of items such as a lisptick or mascara are lovingly wrapped in tissue and carefully placed in a beautiful pink bag with Holt Renfrew printed in white lettering on the side.

Image Credit: Holt Renfrew Spring 2010 catalogue


2 comments:

  1. This store sounds like utter heaven and I love that you say being surrounded by all the beautiful fashion is therapy in itself. I so agree - I sometimes just like to go into stores and just be amongst all the wonderful things. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog and if I may, can I just say, you are an inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting to think we are kindred spirits!
    I so love going to Holts and going in the big main door...in December! Ahhh the city is at it's best in December :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...