c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Birthday ... Celebrate YOURS!!!!


For many people birthdays are just another day, their only wish is for the day to pass quickly. For me they were an opportunity to gather friends together and celebrate (often celebrating from the 1st of December right through the holidays and a grand finale on New Year's Eve!), the good ol'days.
Those close to me know that the past 6 years have been very low key, with little to no interest in big celebrations and with only family. I have even contemplated no celebration/acknowledgement of the day - or moving the celebration date. But this year something is stirring, and I find myself looking forward to the 19th.

Could it be that there is something to a 7 year cycle? After all I'm entering the 7th year post accident. Whatever the catalyst to my improved positive attitude and out-look for my future, I'll take it!

Today I'm sharing the gift of what I have learned in these past couple years ...

Photo by the English National Ballet
(pointe shoes by master cobbler Christian Louboutin)
Flats and high heels can exist together.



Experiences (good and not so good) really are what write the book of the University of Life for each person. Depending on how you let each chapter affect you (1/2 full glass or 1/2 empty?), will set the tone for what comes next.


The Universe tries to be gentle in steering you along the journey of your life. If you are not listening it will make sure you listen... for me it came on October 28, 2006. And it's taken 6 plus years to start moving towards the right path. 


Changing one's shoes does change one's life! Each shoe I try is fitting better and better. I know the RIGHT shoe is only a shoe or two away.

ARE YOU WEARING THE RIGHT SHOES?
What have you learned since your last birthday?



12 comments:

  1. Hope you have a lovely birthday darling, it was mine last Saturday and I hate getting old but always grateful to be here and be healthy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday. It sounds like you are not only celebrating your birthday, but EVERY day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!
    You share a birthday with another person I love, how great is that ?
    It is my husbands birthday today too.
    Wishing you nothing but Good Stuff :)
    love you , C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!!
    And Merry Christmas!!
    Hugs
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Celia,
    Once more: Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your special day in this very special way.
    Since my last birthday (seems like yesterday...) I learned that the little things do count far more than anything big! And yes, for safety the heels ought to be less high. Not that I myself have ever worn those stiletto heels. My legs are too long for that.
    Wearing good shoes that fit like a glove is pure bliss.
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday C! Life is always worth celebrating!
    As for shoes I just found the prettiest pair of boots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since the last b'day?...mmm no since the b'day 7 years ago, what I've been learned is how to earn the Heaven each day. How Jesus so merciful to His little lamb.

    Happy B'day to you again..
    hugs from Rome

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY angel!!!!
    I feel related to everything that you say (I've been there too).
    May this year that is beginning to you now be full of blessings and continue to give you all the strength you have to face everyday and celebrate Life!!!

    Big hug with lots of love across the miles <3
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Dear Celia!
    Your with younger age one is again! You can have next one all the time.
    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to one of the most BEAUTIFUL people I know inside and out!!
    You are such a pleasure to know!
    I am blessed to have you in my life!
    Love,
    Allyson

    ReplyDelete

  11. Happy Birthday and yes I am glad to have another birthday also.

    Life is trying to kick me in the butt howver I keep trying to make it through my next episode

    Hope you had several candles on your cake to blow out and that many more to go

    sure liked those high heel ballerina shoes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
    I'll bookmark your weblog and check once more right here frequently. I am fairly certain I'll learn many new
    stuff proper here! Best of luck for the following!
    Feel free to surf my blog post ... ricambi barche

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...