c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Monday, December 13, 2010

A Nativity ~ True Meaning of Giving!!

image courtesy of The Beautiful Life blog
I had planned on sharing images of the Nativity I had purchased, unfortunately my camera was not cooperating, so I borrowed the image from my friend Ruth over at The Beautiful Life. These pieces really are a work of art. The detail exquisite, pictures truly do not do these pieces justice. Mr. G. could not help himself, when are Nativity first arrived ~ he remains in awe of the precision in the details.

Of all the Nativity scenes I have, this one though the newest ~ for me is filled with magic. It start out in raw materials in Uganda ; each piece delicately and lovely created by caring human hands. When my sets (yes I had to order 2... something just told me I would want to share this treasure with someone special) it was a wonderful feeling to know that I was holding in my hand a unique one of a kind made with love and care by human hands piece. But more than that through my treasure I was helping these women in Uganda to become self reliant.

For full details please visit Ruth at The Beautiful Life  you will not only want to help, but you really will want to own a special gift, that truly reflects the meaning of giving and helping others, especially at this time of the year.

Joining REASON FOR THE SEASON
at Happier than a Pig in Mud

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and unique nativity set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. G is absolutely right ~ What an amazing Nativity. It is so rare these days to find something actually made by a human ~ I would love to see how you display it when your camera is treating you better. Have a wonderful night my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for introducing me to ruth. what a gorgeous nativity!! i love nativity scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and beautiful. It reflects the true meaning of what this season is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet friend! It's good to be back home from our NY trip and I'm enjoying myself as I visit my blog friends to see what everyone has been doing while I was away.

    I've enjoyed "catching up" with you tonight.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the nativity...I love different ones....Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it:) Can't wait to see yours. I need a new one. (well, ONE period!) Mine broke in our move before last. :(

    JESUS IS THE SEASON FOR THE SEASON!

    Love Ya Friend!!
    Daph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! It is really beautiful!!! I do like your new background too...so cute!!!
    Have a lovely Tuesday!

    Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful and what a wonderful cause! We have a sweet little nativity set that my mom gave me for my first apartment. It was made by missionary nuns in Guatemala. Unfortunately, last year our dog chewed on the baby Jesus (yeah, I laugh when I say it out loud, too) and he's worse for wear. So, we may need to shop for another set and let that one be displayed in one of the kids' rooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful nativity scene. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous and unique Nativity. I love Nativity scenes. I brought out the one we had when I was a child. The poor thing has seen better days, but it is the one I love best.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW ! that is so precious ! i am so glad you wrote this post :)
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi HHL,

    Thank you for sharing your joy. These past few weeks of reading your blog have impressed me with your joy for living. You express joy through your care, compassion and concern for others. I find this inspiring.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a unique and beautiful nativity set. We have one of bamboo that we purchased while living in the Philippines...it hold so many memories...I bet this one does too.
    God bless and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this nativity scene is great...and what you wrote of how it was made by people in Uganda is beautiful. I also love the colorful stained glass art....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and unique nativity. Know ing it was hand made makes it even more special.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is lovely. Nativity scenes definitely become our special Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping by from the Sunday hop I'd love to have you join me at undeservingrace.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...