c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

An Angel Walked (S) Among Us...


Sometimes life's journeys make no sense ... especially when someone leaves their earthly journey before we are ready/prepared to say  "till we meet again in heaven."
image courtesy of our dear friend Mariette of Mariette's Back to Basics
For those of you who have followed this little blog of mine, you may already know that today May, 28th, marks the 4th anniversary since Angel  P.  returned home to heaven. 

She was only 33 years old (same age as Jesus) when she started her journey home. Though her time here was short, she touched the hearts of many with her grace, heart and smile. And through those lives many more  lives [of strangers] have felt the warmth, kindness and love that she taught those who were blessed to have known her.

I did not know Angel P.when she was here on her earthly journey, but I too am blessed, because she saw the diamond in the rough who is Mr. G. And I can tell you - he would not be the man he is today. Had it not been for the love, understanding and direction she gave/taught him. Through him she continues to touch many more lives, and mine is one of those lives.

I give thanks to Angel P. each day for having loved and believed in Mr. G (even when he did not believe he was worthy of much) and for her wonderful family who embrace me like family. Through them I continue to learn how to be a better person and give of myself to others.

Perhaps in another life time I will have the honour of meeting Angel P. ~ but for now I continue to honour her memory.  And try my best to take care of the one person who was her world ... Mr. G. and her beloved furbaby Stella.

Please keep Angel P's family and Mr. G in your prayers this week ~ that their memories not be filled with the horrific accident that brought her earthly journey to an end - but with all the times they spent together and how her smile lit not only their lives but the world (she was a caring high school teacher).

Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is near to the broken-hearted, and saves the crushed in spirit.”(NRSV)







Joining:
Spiritual Sundays

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Celia and Mr. G,

    Yes, I'd marked the calender but since we moved things around in the office today, the PC got disconnected. After cleaning up I told Pieter I have to get in touch with Celia as today marks the anniversary of Angel P...
    It will be a tough time as memories always will linger but also a blessed time because she left so much to this world and still does. I believe in angels!! Those loved ones are with us, in a way that we cannot yet comprehend.
    Giving you a tight hug and sending lots of love to you, Mr. G, Stella-baby and the rest of the family,
    Mariette

    PS the photo is not loading. Guess you used the pink angel? I will try to mail you again in photo format... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tribute to a woman who saw potential and offered hope to Mr. G! May he and Angel P's family and friends focus on the beauty she brought to their world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celia,
    You are one of the most amazing women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
    I don't think I could have the same understanding, peace and love in this same situation. I am sure P. is looking down on you and smiling. I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you all Celia
    xo
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Celia,

    Just did read the newest edition of 'Belle Inspiration Magazine' and I have to compliment you on such a fantastic feature you wrote about. You are amazing and I admire you more and more.
    Big hugs to you and hope you will feel better soon. Oh, today I had my check up and I'm FINE. Off the medication thank goodness, not all, but the ones that I had to take now.
    Love,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...