c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lunch in the City

As much as I enjoy my new life in the country, I miss the times I shared over meals and drinks with my girlfriends in the city. So, a couple months ago when my friend Janice,[after learning I was going to be in the city for an appointment] suggested I get there earlier and we could meet for lunch, like the old days ... I didn't have to think twice. We met at MoRoCo, a restaurant I came to know, via Suburban Princess for their macarons.

The restaurant was not busy to say it was lunch time in Yorkville. At a table adjacent to ours was a group of ladies - who lunch- and a couple more ladies came in while we enjoy our lunch. For me the peacefulness of the restaurant was wonderful, no noise to distract me or make me anxious.

Janice decided on the classic Monte Cristo sandwich and green salad. She said it was delicious and enjoyed every last bite. 

I went for a green salad with baked mac and cheese ....

Nothing beats grown-up mac and cheese ... well except maybe a....


Scrumptious pink Macaron ... and ...

If you would like to see how we finished off our lunch click here.






Joining ...

Click Here to party
click here to party

23 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! What a great day out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Celia,

    My goodness, I just saw your tea + dessert... How in the world could you all finish it? So delicious, would be great for lingering over it for a couple of hours while enjoying the company of a dear friend!

    Lots of love,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there... long time :O
    I am glad to see you are still posting with so many followers which is wonderful .. Hope Dolce is well too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept seeing posts about the meals there and wondered what they are really like. I love the atmosphere in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meals looked delicious. It is so lovely catching up with friends while sharing fabulous food. Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food and friends - great combination! I love mac and cheese. That is one of the side dishes my oldest son requested for his birthday meal.

    Love the card from SP! What a great H&H gift. She is such a thoughtful person.

    I hope you are having a fantastic day!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the same tastes! I hope you had a Wonderful time, you certainly deserve it all and more ~
    Have a fantastic week,
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you had a nice day with your friend. This would be the kind of place I would enjoying eating. I like peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks delicious! I truly savor the moments when I dine out with Hubby or friends, sans kids. Talk about anxiety! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lunch w/ a good friend is so good for the soul. That mac and cheese looks like heaven! If we were closer I would ask you to meet ME for lunch! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mac and cheese is my favorite comfort food dish. It looks like you and your friend had a lovely time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum...adult mac and cheese!

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very fun!! Love the desserts!!! Yum. This is such a happy post! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word Celia! That baked mac & cheese just made my taste buds go wild! Glad you had a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Food and friends - nothing better ! I like your blog and I am happy to be your new follower !Your story is so inspiring ... Wishing you a great summer !

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a delicious way to spend an afternoon! The desserts are to die for!

    I'm stopping by from Flip FLops and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks delicious! I still haven't tried a Monte Cristo. I really should though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, that food looks amazing! And now I'm starving for something delicious!

    Stopping by from FF&P, have a fabulous {Semi} Wordless Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohmygoodness...I gained five pounds just looking at those desserts! That restaurant must be amazing.

    Hope you'll stop by my SWW and say hello! :)

    Cindy @ Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would eat every bite of that mac-n-cheese and would probably even want seconds, ahha! I am drooling right now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a fantastic lunch!! That macaroon looks delicious :D YUM!


    <3- Cami

    New to blogging- nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful day!!!
    Off to go see how you ended your lunch!
    Have a PRETTY day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Grown up mac 'n cheese is delicious! Our favourite french brasserie here has the best that I've ever eaten.. and the macaron, my favourite! xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...