c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Friday, April 15, 2011

Marzipan Treats


With Easter days away these are a fabulous rich treat that will tickle the taste buds of young and not so young alike!!!

You will usually see them in speciality stores around Easter and Christmas, shape of fruits and holiday related shapes.

You will need:

1 LB blanched almonds, very finely ground (this is most important)
1 LB confectioners sugar
2 egg whites
3 tsp. almond extract
rose water

In a bowl mix the ground almonds and sifted confectioners' sugar. Add egg whites and almond extract. Sprinkle enough rose water over the mixture to make a thick paste.

Shapes are only limited by your imagination
Lightly dust a working area of your counter with confectioners' sugar. Place the almond mixture on the prepared counter and knead until the paste is no longer sticky, but holds together. It may be neessary to add more egg white. Shape into small balls or into other shapes and decorate as desired. Store in fridge.

Don't forget to enter my Giveaway....














Joining....


Photobucket

Other great linking parties found under Blog Hop tab, below header.


16 comments:

  1. they look good, and so pretty! i linked up too, check out my post today for a great cornbread recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so yummy!!! And gorgeous too! Perfect for spring/summer! Hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love marzipan treats, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me so hungry!

    btw head on over to my blog! I gave you an award :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't realize making marzipan would so simple!

    thanks for the great recipe!! this would be so fun to make with my 10 y/o sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so interesting! Thanks for posting pictures...our grand daughter loved looking at them!
    Dianne @
    http://buterflydreamz.blogspot.com/2011/04/follow-friday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!
    Stopping by from over 40 to say hello.
    Have a great weekend!
    POSH
    http://poshonabudget.com/2011/03/happy-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! Hello! I am stopping by from the Weekend Blog Hop! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more. I hope you will stop by and follow me back :)
    http://divvyupdiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look yummy! So when are you sending some over here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! I LOVE marzipan. Marzipan is really popular here in Spain especially around Christmas time. Someone told me marzipan was discovered/created in Spain (in Toledo). I'm not sure, but love it none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sad to admit I dont know what marzipan is! I have never had it but always heat about it. I may have to try it. Stopping in from the hop. Am a new follower hope you will check out and follow my site.

    http://thatsawrapconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. PRECIOUS CELIA!!!!!! BRING DOLCE WITH YOU and her water booties! George is a fabulous guide. He knows all the best places, he is smart and witty, and a good friend. THANK YOU for coming over to celebrate the APRIL BIRTHDAYS! How are you? Is life being GOOD to you? MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are really pretty and look very good.

    Following you via blog hop.

    JTwisdom
    http://bubblingwitheleganceandgrace.com
    Facebook
    Bubbling with Elegance and Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...