I started blogging as part of a Speech Therapy project to help me rebuild my writing skills. Shreko also felt it would be a good opportunity to deal with buried emotions by writing about my accident and how it has and continues to affect my life, as a way bring closure to that part of my life - "me".I wasn’t really sure what I would write, what I had to say or if anyone would be interested. So I started to write to for me.
I continue to write because of all the wonderful Blog Friends I have made and continue to meet. Your comments to my posts both support and encourage me to continue writing. Along the way I have learned that by telling my story it helps others who are going through life changing experiences and that by reading other blogs I discover and re-discover things that will help to create my so called “new” life.
2. What are your 3 best memories?
- Growing up in Europe with my grandparents
- Winning a public speaking contest in grammar school
- Seeing that there is a heaven – when I was in my coma
3. If you had to change your real name what would you change it to?
Sofia Reis – it was grandmother’s name. She was one of the most loving, warm, smart and strong women I have had the privilege to have in my life.
4. What are five things you can't live without?
- Having a Purpose
- Cherries – my favorite fruit
- Good Friends
5. What are the 4 best books you've ever read?
Wow… there have been some many great books over the years to narrow it just to 4..
- Little Women– Louisa May Alcott
- Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
- What would Audrey Do – Pamela Keogh
- The Wisdom of Forgiveness – The Dalai Lama and Victor Chan
6. Tell me something unique and interesting about yourself.
I tend to keep my pain to myself – I do not like to burden others
7. What do you love best about yourself?
I always try to look for the positive in any situation or person
8. What is the best movie ever made?
There are so many great movies under so many headings – I’ll go with a classic I enjoy “It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)”
9. If you had a "Freaky Friday" experience who would you trade places with and why?
Coco Chanel, to understand what made her the woman she became and to experience life in her time.
10. What's the best part about being a Woman?
We can wear skirts!
I truly appreciate the comments that each and every one of you leave me. Sometimes it is reading your wonderful comments that encourages me to keep going - brings a smile to my face on dull days - and gives my writing purpose. I'm passing this "Super Comments "award to: