c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Joie de Viver ~ Affordable Luxuries


original image google- image edits HHL
With Christmas less than a week away, I thought I would share with you some items that I have started to incorporate into my everyday life (and some that are on my wish list) that don't break the bank - but definitely add a luxurious feeling to everyday living.  These would be great gifts for anyone on your list or a little treat for yourself.






Laura Mercier ~Almond Coconut Milk Honey Bath ~ The delicious scent of almond coconut milk and honey infuse the bath water, emitting a gentle fragrance, turning my bathroom into a relaxing and soothing luxurious oasis. After twenty minutes or so submerging my body in this heavenly liquid, my body is left feeling refreshed, nourished and silky smooth.


Crabtree & Evelyn~ Vanilla handwash ~ We were gifted this wonderful luxurious handwash by our friends from Vermont. Mon ami says it's all she uses in her bathrooms and since trying it, ~  it will be the signature handwash at chateau High Heeled Life too! even Mr. G. loves the vanilla scent it exudes.
On my Wish List ~
Trianon
Cire Trudon ~ I recently discovered the world of Cire Trudon candles and to say I'm beyond excited is an understatement. These candles are known for the quality of their wax, which is made from rice, soy and copra (coconut kernal). It burns cleanly, doesn't drip, lasts a long time, is biodegradable and is particularly well suited to carrying pigment and scent. The glass containers used for the scented candles are hand made in Vinci, Italy.




G. Lalo Stationary ~ There are many luxury brands of writing stationary to choose from, but few have a history that dates back almost 400 years. I have started using G. Lalo Verge de France stationary and whether using a ball point pen or my fountain pen, both glide magically across the page with ease. Lavender and champagne are my choice colours in size 5 3/4 X 8 1/2 ~ perfect for short notes and letters.
On my wish List ~
"Versailles" Collection 
Originating in Paris in 1919, G. Lalo quickly rose to be 'de rigueur' for social stationery in Paris and in the royal courts across Europe with its handcrafted stationery. Two aspects of G. Lalo stationery contribute to its fame: the quality of its papers and the elegance of its presentation. A paper is selected and allowed to bear G. Lalo's exclusive watermark only after exacting examination of its texture, weight, finish and color.
Verge paper has the look and feel of handmade paper. It even has the grid of parallel translucent lines ("vergeures") made as the paper was laid to dry. These grids are very helpful as guides for handwriting. Verge paper was made by hand in huge vats, and today, G. Lalo makes the same paper according to traditional methods but with modern techniques.


On my Wish List ~
The Butterfly
Lampe Berger ~ To cleanse and fragrance the air in our home we use various scents from Lampe Berger depending on season and the rooms. Paris Chic is a favourite for spring and summer , throughout the main living areas. For the kitchen I love Almond Pear or Orange Cinnamon; when cooking a delicious meal So Neutral is a great option (especially when cooking fish dishes) - removes odors without adding fragrance. To freshen up the air in the bedrooms (most important when it's winter and windows are rarely open) Lavender fields is our choice.The first Lampe Berger lamp was created in 1898 by Maurice Berger, a pharmacy dispenser, to purify the air in hospital wards.

Hot Water Bottle ~ on cold winter nights who doesn't enjoy the warmth created by an old fashion tradition ... the hot water bottle? Instead of just having the plastic touch your feet ... why not up the comfy factor with a cashmere hot water bottle cover. These are from Restoration Hardware, but you can easily find them in most shops that carry the standard hot water bottle. I have seen them also in Alpaca , wool, faux fur, and velvet.

WHAT ARE YOUR LITTLE AFFORDABLE LUXURIES?




Sharing this post with:  A Return to Loveliness Tuesday ~  My Simple Country Life for The Country Homemaker Hop ;Katherine of Katherine’s Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; Kathy of A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday;Sheri at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet HomeCourtney of French Country Cottage for Feather Your Nest Friday; At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday; Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday. ~  What Inspires Me Friday

6 comments:

  1. Firstly, I do like the photo of the stressed lady - this year I'm more organised but I have felt like that in the past! Lovely suggestions here and I especially like the cashmere hot water bottle cover. We have a Lampe Berger and I'm impressed with the way the fragrance lingers for so long.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous luxuries Celia. Like you I LOVE a hot water bottle. I've never used a Lampe Berger so I will definitely look into that ;-)
    My luxuries include luxurious journals/notepads possibly from Smythsons (London), Jo Malone candles, cashmere socks to use with my hot water bottle, and Kerastase Elixir hair oil xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Celia,
    Guess you pretty much summed up ALL of my joie de vivre...
    We could be soul-sisters. Your listing + some dark chocolate and good coffee and tea will make it perfect. Maybe some Roscato Rosso Dolce for the Christmas season... World Market Cost Plus is selling that. That's just some hang for Italy I guess.
    Thanks for being the wonderful friend you are! XOX
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the LM coconut milk product and love it! It smells so good you may be tempted to eat it.. but don't Lol!

    Some very pretty things here Celia!! Thanks for sharing:)
    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone says such wonderful things about Evelyn and Crabtree. We're totally going to have to try it!

    Visiting you from the Thursday's Favorite Things hop. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...