Nutritionist is currently working on a meal plan tailored to my needs, yet using foods I like; I can’t wait to get started. In the meantime here are some tips that I found useful:
- Start the day with water and lemon, w/ ginger (optional) . Water and lemon will get your system moving and ready for the day. Remember to drink water throughout the day.
- Gradually modify your eating habits. This will help you transition to healthier eating, but also reduce the cravings of the not so healthy foods = you are more likely to completely transition without giving up.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits. I really need to work o this.
- Eat your food as close to its natural state as possible. The less ingredients the better ... i.e yogurt: milk ingredients,bacterial,culture ~ if your yogurt has more than these try looking for something else.
- Reduce the amount of processed food you eat. Home cooked is best.
So what exactly is a portion? Hopefully the image below will help you to streamline your eating.
Remember eating properly is a lifestyle choice not a DIET!!!
What are your eating habits like?
What advice would you give to someone who wants to be healthy and fit?