c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pukka and Galaktoboureko Afternoon

Welcome to Over a Cup of Tea with Celia M. - #9



The weather has been surprisingly pleasant these past few days ... the sun has made an appearance and the crispness in the air bearable without being over dressed in winter clothes. The perfect kind of weather to enjoy a High Heeled Life afternoon tea in the city.


Today I'm steeping a tea by Pukka - Harmonise (balancing for women)
 it's a blend of organic rose, sweet vanilla and chamomile. Today's teacup is by Brivogue.


With everything so close by it is so easy to pop into a local bakery for a little treat to go with tea. Serano bakery is a gallery of Greek delights that will satisfy the sweetest and unsweetened tooth. 

This is my absolute favourite Greek dessert. If you can get past the tongue twister name- Galaktoboureko (pronounced:  gal-lahk-toh-Boo-reh-koh) it will become your favourite Greek pastry too!
It's a delightful combination of creamy custard and flaky phyllo dough that is baked to golden perfection then drenched with a lemon and orange infused syrup.


I use to bake this often and will look for my recipe and share it with in a future tea.

Do you have a favourite Greek dessert?

 photo a7ceed8b-ce4f-45e6-8e44-5208e41b8eab_zps61970480.jpg
Stay in Step with High Heeled Life ...

sharing this post with:  ~  Inspire Me Tuesday ~  A Return to Loveliness ~  Antiques and Teacups for Tuesday Cuppa Tea ~ Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea time Tuesday ~ Artful Affirmations and Martha's favorites for Teacup Tuesday ~ 

12 comments:

  1. Hello Celia,
    That is a lovely tea with your sweet tea pot and high heeled tea cup. The Pukka tea sounds wonderful! And your Galaktoboureko as well looks delicious. Quite the nice tea : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Celia,
    This looks very familiar with the Dutch 'Tompouce' pâtisserie... except for the orange infused syrup.
    What a lovely presentation in your High Heeled Life mugs!
    Would love to sip this together...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing nicer than afternoon tea :)
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Celia..I haven't run across either the tea maker or the pastry! Both look wonderful. The pastry definitely sounds delicious! Lovely photos. Thanks so much for sharing and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Celia,
    The tea and the lovely dessert are 'Greek' to me! Both look delicious though. Your high-heeled mug is cute! We are having a major snow storm here today so I will be drinking lots of tea to keep warm. We've lost our power once already. I do not like the wintertime! Thank you for sharing at Tea Time and enjoy your nice weather.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am on a international desserts kick right now and I and I am definitely adding this one to my repertoire. And the Pukka teas...love them! My favorite is the LOVE.

    http://mariaangelique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! There is a Greek festival in town every year and one of the doctors always brings goodies to work to share with us. I love many of them but of course, I cannot say or remember the names.
    Thanks for commenting on my WIWW post! Its nice to met you. We share the same birthday! Enjoy!

    :) Jen
    www.jeninkpen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking, "I bet that would be easy to bake" then saw your last line - please share the recipe - yum! Tell us about the beautiful tea pot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pastry looks delicious!! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cup is adorable and this dessert...yum. I do enjoy a good baklava!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, Celia dear, what a gorgeous cup!!! Love it.
    I guess I never tasted any Greek dessert, maybe in a future trip to Toronto I might ask my Sister to take me to a place where I could taste some.
    Hope you'll have a fantastic weekend, dear.
    Love and blessings.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...