c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Afternoon Tea Experience - Windsor Arms & What I Wore

Long time readers of HHL already know I LOVE afternoon tea and the tea room at Windsor Arms is one of my very favourites in Toronto. I have wonderful memories of sharing tea with friends there, over the years. It started out as an after Christmas shopping trip in Yorkville treat with some girl friends years ago; evolving over the years to outings for birthday celebrations, girl friend catch ups on life's ups and downs (lots of laughs and tears have been shared here) and other times for no reason other than we love afternoon tea. 

So, when friend E. invited me to tea at Windsor Arms -
 there was no hesitation, "only when and what time?"

Image Via Windsor Arms
We arrived for our 3:00 p.m. sitting and I was happy to be seated in the purple room. There are three areas where tea is served and this is my fav and preferred choice. Something about the room is inviting, calming and relaxing (I think I have taken tea at every table in this room).

 
The Afternoon Tea Menu...
* neither E. or I are crazy about egg salad - so our waiter kindly replaced them with other sandwiches, without a fuss.

The potato blinis with smoked salmon are my fav!! actually it's a tie between them and the goat cheese and caramelized tart. The scones are always delightful and topped with Devon cream and WA's homemade strawberry, raspberry preserves become a party in your mouth. I'm usually giddy with the Petits Fours - but this time the lemon poppy seed cupcake was a little dry and the chocolate cup a bit bland. E. was quite pleased with the lemon meringue bite. 


Life is good!


E. is a little camera shy ... 


This chandelier always takes my breath away ... 
did I mention how much I LOVE afternoon tea at Windsor Arms? 

HHL Rating (this visit): out of 5
  




What I wore: jeans-Suko; belt- Hermes; t-shirt - Ralph Lauren Sport; jacket - Banana Republic; shoes -Anna Marino; sunglasses - Gucci; necklace - WHBM

You are the curator of your life so make it luxurious, 
 photo a7ceed8b-ce4f-45e6-8e44-5208e41b8eab_zps61970480.jpg
Stay in Step with High Heeled Life ...
Don't Miss a post get HHL Email Updates 

8 comments:

  1. Someday I will be joining you in tea at the Windsor Arms. Everything looks so relaxing and delish! You always shine and your complexions looks super amazing, just more so recently! What have you been doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet words my friend .. I've been changing up my cleansing routine and taking a little extra time to apply cc cream; but I think it's the meditation and daily affirmations that are helping ... sending you hugs and blessings. XO

      Delete
  2. Oh my, that looks wonderful and Mr Grumpy would be in heaven choosing cakes here. I agree with LBDDIaries...you look amazing. Have you got a bottle of eternal youth serum? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my sweet friend - thank you. I think it's starting to feel comfortable in my skin that is making the biggest difference - of course finding a cleansing ritual that works and cc cream help too! sending you hugs across the pond :)

      Delete
  3. Wow the food all looks amazing, I love scones and devon cream! Love your outfit as well, perfect for casual tea :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little pleasures make life so sweet! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, you look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this posts as I am obsessed with my tea! I have never been toa Tea Room and this looks amazing. Sounded wonderful and you look lovely too!

    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks like such a nice place to have tea. I have not been to tea with my girl friends in a long time.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...