c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Monday, July 28, 2014

Alice in Wonderland travels into APP world

Alice in Wonderland has been captivating both the young and young at heart for over 150 years and is one of the most popular and beloved stories in modern literature. It was one of my favourites growing up and I have been known to pop in the movie version with Johnny Depp a couple of times or more. Imagine my excitement when I discovered this iconic story had traveled into the APP World!! Of course I had to give a try.

I was instantly captivated by the ease of this APP the instructions tab ensures that you become aware of all the magic that awaits you. You are also given the option of having the story narrated as you flip each page or to read it yourself. The green velvet book mark makes it easy to pick up where you left off. 


Unlike a print or movie version of Alice in Wonderland the APP version is interactive - riddles, puzzles and beautiful artwork keep readers engaged. It's a brilliant way to help young ones (and some adults too!) improve literacy skills; stimulate creativity, and be introduced to the world of art.


A few strokes on your screen and you can add to the imagery ...


Slide your finger across the screen and voila you discover a little magic...
This game had me hooked ... I did manage to score a point!

Image via Alice APP website
The mastermind behind this spectacular APP is Emmanuel Paletz -  an international award-winning creative consultant for the advertising industry, working for the country's leading digital and direct marketing agencies. He is also the author of two very successful cookbooks, both of which have been lavished with praise and awards.




If you have not yet discovered The Alice APP I highly suggest it. Either for yourself (take a trip down the Rabbit Hole of your childhood) or a gift for a young person in your life. At the end of the App you can learn about each art piece - see where it came from and learn about its history. I can't wait to share this form of Alice in Wonderland with our God daughter - who is 9 years old.

The Alice in Wonderland APP is available for Iphone/Ipad and Android devices
at  www.thealiceapp.com


Watch the video above to get a glimpse of the fabulous art and animation.

I invite you to learn more about this fabulous new adventure for Alice by following along with
The Alice App on Facebook and Twitter or visit The Alice App website.

Growing up, were you a fan of Alice in Wonderland? Have you tried The Alice App?

With Gratitude and Peace,

 photo a7ceed8b-ce4f-45e6-8e44-5208e41b8eab_zps61970480.jpg
Stay in Step with High Heeled Life ...
Don't Miss a post get HHL Email Updates 

Disclaimer: I did receive a complimentary The Alice App for this review. The views and opinions are my own based on my experience in using the App.
Sharing this post with:  Mosaic Monday ~  Inspire Me Tuesday ~  A Return to Loveliness ~

4 comments:

  1. I will definitely looks at these! I want to load this app for sure! I hope you'll visit my blog and see my posts on Alice! You'll have to go to 'older posts' to see my Mad hatter's tea party though! I'm excited to check on this app! Thanks for sharing! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Celia,
    No, back in The Netherlands I did not have a book about Alice in Wonderland that I can recall. Not all titles made it internationally and they first had to get translated too. Big deal back than compared to nawadays.
    But as for your 9-year old Goddaughter this will be so lovely!
    Enjoy the final days of July. Sending you love and hugs.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celia this looks so amazing, thank you so much for sharing, wondrous!

    xoxo
    Karena
    C. Z. Guest: American Style Icon
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Alice in Wonderland and need to see show this app to my daughter as it's a favourite for her too. Thank you for sharing! xx, B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...