c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Friday, November 25, 2016

Teacups and Crowns - in the heart of little Italy

When my sister messaged me, in October, about this unexpected gem in the heart of  Windsor's Little Italy, I knew that on my next visit to my family I would be taking my mother there for some mother and daughter time.
From the moment we walked in I knew this wasn't just another cafe offering tea. We were greeted with a warm and friendly welcome from a charming gal, whom I assumed to be the owner - as we chatted (like we had known each other forever) I learned Bianca was the daughter of the owner, Sylvia Alongi, who had stepped out to replenish some of the tasty treats. Assisting Bianca was her darling daughter Shauna ... who helps out on the weekends. On this particular week day Shauna was spending her PA day helping out mom and grandmother at the cafe.

Along with serving up a luxurious selection of specialty teas and coffees, scrumptious treats (scones with jam and yummy short bread cookies were on the menu this day), the cafe is decked out with exquisite fashion jewelry by Cryst-i Collections - earrings, necklaces, bangles and bracelets; stunning scarves, hand bags, shawls, and a wonderful selection of evening and wedding accessories sure to make any fashionatista swoon. If you are in search of a unique gift for someone special (and remember you are special too!) chances are you will find it here. I spotted some beautiful Faberge inspired eggs - that I'm regretting not having inquired more about - on my list for my next visit. 
The shop also offers beautiful floral arrangements made to order. If I recall correctly you can have an arrangement made in a teacup - how great of an idea for the tea connoisseur on your list; when the flowers expire - they will have a beautiful teacup to enjoy.



Whether you cozy up on this settee and inviting side chairs, sit at one of the cafe tables or take a seat at the counter ... the atmosphere beckons you to relax your shoulders, and let the day's cares drift away as you unwind sipping a hot beverage and a tasty treat (you know I'm all about the sweets too!). 


Before ordering you get to choose the teacup that your tea will be served in, from a most lovely selection of fine bone china teacups.
How darling is this Royal Albert - Buckingham Series teacup, my mother chose?
This Royal Stafford teacup is quite regal with it's purple and gold - and the thumb rest handle.
Mom went for the scone with jam, while I went for the shortbred cookie.  
Thank you Bianca and Shauna for a memorable afternoon with my mother.
See you next visit.

Teacups and Crowns is the perfect destination for catching up with your girls friends, taking yourself out on a date, or spending some quality time with family. And ladies the men in your life will also enjoy this little gem of a cafe with it's welcoming and relaxing atmosphere - after all they could use a break in their day too!

If you live or visit the Windsor area I highly suggest you check out Teacups and Crowns, located at 591 Erie Street East. You can check them out on their facebook page HERE.

You are the curator of your life so make it luxurious,

 photo a7ceed8b-ce4f-45e6-8e44-5208e41b8eab_zps61970480.jpg
Stay in Step with High Heeled Life ...
Don't Miss a post get HHL Email Updates 

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with this tea shop. I hope to recreate something like that in our storefront shop. Just too beautiful and love all their cups and tea pots!! I have to visit there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this tea shop. I hope to recreate something like that in our storefront shop. Just too beautiful and love all their cups and tea pots!! I have to visit there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Celia,
    What a wonderful story to read here after my supper and some catching up time on my Mac.
    Great choice for going with you Mom.
    Thank you for sharing this special tête à tête!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...