c

c

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Sunday, June 12, 2016

A Little More Imagination ... Dare to Dream


 One of the things I'm enjoying in the city is the accessibility to so many fun things and places to experience. If you would have told me (or anyone I know) almost 10 years ago that I would be taking the TTC subway - we would have had a great laugh!!

Taking the subway also means seeing things that I would not have seen if I had driven, like this sign. Though it's part of a Ford ad campaign ~ it reminded me that I need to take more time to exercise my imagination.



'


When we were children our imagination took us on adventures. How easily a plain old cardboard box became a plane or car, taking us to magical places far away. Consumed by all the responsibilities and day to day living of adulthood, we too often forget to just let our minds wonder, to imagine what could be. I am a firm believer of our thoughts creating our reality - therefore if our thoughts are consumed by that which is currently happening in our life that is what we will continue to create: the same old problems, challenges, limiting believes over and over. However, if we dare to dream, to imagine that which we desire, there will be a shift in the energy we are putting out to the universe. This shift in energy will set in motion the opportunity for great change to happen - for you to have the experiences you dream of, to live the life you want to live.

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview for life’s coming attractions.” —Albert Einstein
Outfit details: shoes: Michael Kors; pants: White House - Black Market; blouse:Stella Rosa; handbag: Louis Vuitton; bracelet:artisan market find

Are you taking time in your day to exercise your imagination?

You are the curator of your life so live it luxuriously ,
 photo a7ceed8b-ce4f-45e6-8e44-5208e41b8eab_zps61970480.jpg
Stay in Step with High Heeled Life ...
Don't Miss a post get HHL Email Updates 

16 comments:

  1. I love how you are open about your thoughts and so introspective! This was a great read to start my day!

    xo.
    Abby

    PS: Join my Faded Days Sunglasses Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, very inspiring to imagine more! Thanks for sharing, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think getting off our normal path and exploring a little spurs lots more creativity and creates more peace. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Spiel the Beans!

    Shelly||The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! nice photos!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed this post today. I need to remind myself to keep dreaming. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura ~ always make time for dreaming -- it's like a draft of whats to come..xo

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful message! And good for you to go out and exercise your imagination in ways you never thought you would. You look fabulous and I love the print on your blouse!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Celia,
    This is a brilliant post and I love the great photography!
    Excellent text with great visual reality to it and your face, pondering away--following your imagination.
    Today was a very hectic but good day for both of us.
    Our painter surprised us just as Pieter was napping... He had called our old land line (that we disconnected 3 years ago...) and could not reach us.
    In a hurry we had to empty our garage, so he and his partner could start pressure washing. But I guided them to the front porch to start there first. Woke up Pieter (felt so guilty...) as I could not manage to do it all on my own. Lots of sweating as today it was oh so hot and humid. But we managed and a shower is so good!
    Looking forward to the finished project in a couple of days, after it dries completely. Finally we're on track and no longer waiting for others... So we can take charge of our things as we will be free again.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quote! Definitely inspirational.

    Your outfit is cute. I'm a tunic girl too but I tend to wear mine with jeans or leggings. I like it paired with slacks, makes it more polished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is this post??? Love your thoughts and outfit - so cute!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Riding the subway is always a trip highlight for my kiddos when we visit the city! Thanks for sharing with us at Spiel the Beans!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty top and outfit! Very thoughtful post, I enjoyed. I often wish I wouldnt mull certain things at night, so I could sleep better, but believe in expressing onesself is an important part of who we are. so true!
    Thank you for linking up with turning heads tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess .. thanks for visiting ... Try keeping a note book by your bed side table ... when thought(s) of things "to do" pop into your head , write them down. The act of writing it down - relieves your subconscious from trying to keep the "to do" to memory ...I find this helpful when I'm working on projects or have lots going on. have a great week ..xo

      Delete
  12. Great message!

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...