c

c

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Connecting With Nature - in High Park

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in tune once more. ~ John Burroughs
We all experience times in our life when everything seems to be in chaos - work, home, family, friends and even how we relate to our self. When I'm felling "off" and can't quite put my finger on what I need - I find going to a park or being near water really helps me to find my "ista" the calmness that lives within (us all).

One of my favourite parks in Toronto is High Park ... (think of it as a smaller version of Central Park - for my American friends). Each visit I discover something new ... look at what I discovered on this visit!!!
I couldn't help but smile when I noticed the carving on this old tree trunk ... the days of offering shade may be behind this tree - but the beauty continues, with a little help from a skilled artisan.
Colin Partridge - 2006 (Artisan) -
For long time readers of HHL - you will recall 2006 was when my life as I knew it changed. When I saw this I knew there was a reason why this tree "jumped out at me" (I've been by the trail where it is many times on visits to the park in the past few years and honestly had not noticed it) this particular day of feeling out of sorts - as I approached and touched the tree - a calmness was instant. As I leaned against the tree, connecting with the energy of the earth around it and the tree itself ... I meditated ... and it took me back to that day that everything changed ... and I was reminded how far I have come and that my purpose is to help others too! In case I had doubts about the message I had received during my meditation ... when I saw Colin's signature and the year , as I walked away ... I knew the angels and universe - were making sure I heard!!


When was the last time you took the time to connect with nature? It can be as simple as sitting in your back yard - tending to your garden; on your balcony tending to the flower pots; a walk through your local park; a stroll along the water front or a hike in nature - forest. If you are going through a challenging time, or feeling anxious, depressed - I encourage you to TAKE time to connect with nature - it will help clear your thoughts and bring a sense of tranquility! 


Connect with nature ... get grounded!

For my fashion loving readers:
outfit details: pink sweater - Fairmont Hotel boutique in Montreal (about 6 years ago); jeans - Suko ; sneakers - Converse; sunglasses - Gucci.

___Shop the look___

Do you have a favourite park/place or waterfront where you live 
that helps you connect with nature? 

You are the curator of your life so live it luxuriously ,

 photo a7ceed8b-ce4f-45e6-8e44-5208e41b8eab_zps61970480.jpg
Stay in Step with High Heeled Life ...
Don't Miss a post get HHL Email Updates 

6 comments:

  1. Such a cool tree! Seems that's just what you needed at that time.
    For me, getting away to the Great Smoky Mountains (which is in my backyard!) does it for me. No matter what is going on, if I just go for a short ride or walk in the mountains, I know everything is going to be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Celia,
    WOW, that tree looked like a person and what a great artist for creating such a face!
    You look fabulous and a bit mischievous when you peaked around that tree.
    Love your J Brand jeans. I had looked at an olive green skirt, last night I was cleaning up my mailboxes and found the link of it. But unfortunately it was sold out... Missed it, placed it on my Pinterest so I still have it in a way.
    Pieter and I are seriously into biking, every day we try to spin our wheels for some 8 or 9 km. It feels so good to have the sun kiss you as we go in the afternoon by five or later. It was 31°C today so you better not go mid day. The smell of the fields, the woods, like an area where they cut pine trees last week (thinning out), that smells like heaven!
    We always have our tea with nuts, sea weed and rice cake first. With a bottle of water we peddle away...
    It makes for sound and deep sleep and feeling great!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Universe is a genius like that, isn't she?! Such a beautiful post and what an amazing tree! I had not connected with the earth in a while until Sunday night when I sat with my good friend in her back yard right up against the woods that surround her house. I could hear the crickets, the frogs, the wind in the trees, and the gentle raindrops hitting the leaves. The beautiful thing was that I could hear each of these sounds distinctly and separately from one another, yet they worked all in harmony to make the most beautiful evening serenade. And I felt connected...for the first time in a long time.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool tree! Great look!! :)
    Jaymie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute sweater and love the fun photos!

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 years! What an anniversary! So many years ago you thought and feared life had (in essence) ended - who knew what an amazing path and adventure awaited you!

    Today you are filled with faith, hope, joy, love and so much more but what I see most is your beauty, strength and your zest for life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...